Register an Account Image - Join our Discord Server Image

Have any questions? Need help with something? Contact us on Discord or check out our Help Forums.

Announcement: We have updated our multiple accounts policy. Please read here and submit the required information if your household plays on more than one account.

Donations are always welcome and help us with the upkeep of the server. Click click here to donate.

we have now added donorbox for those of you who cant use PayPal too. Thank you!

Help us stay #1 and vote for us Here and Come Join Us on Twitter

Galactic Home Show!

Official Event Listings and Discussion
TheTinyPebble
Commodore
Denmark

Galactic Home Show!

Post by TheTinyPebble » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi all!

We'll be holding our very first Galactic Home Show event!

This is your chance to show off your decorating skills, and a chance to win something!

So far I have 2 friends of mine who will be judging, and I will likely find a few more. They aren't active on this server, so they won't be showing any bias (as they don't know who any of you are). They will judge on these things:

Creativity
Theme
Overall Feel

I might add a few more judging criteria later, but I wanted to get this going.

It's a free for all, so you can use any theme and any house you want. 1 house per participant.

You have until have Saturday 17th of March to complete your house.

Everyone who participates will get a badge, and the top 3 will each receive a trophy.

The winner of the Galactic Home Show will get a choice between a few unique deco items. These will be announced closer to the end date.

Everyone is welcome to participate!! Just post in this thread here, and leave a waypoint to your house before the date in question.

Buzzo
Vice Admiral
Canada

Re: Galactic Home Show!

Post by Buzzo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:18 pm

where do i sign up?
can i only enter 1 structure?

Buzzo
Vice Admiral
Canada

Post by Buzzo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:22 pm

ok sign me up for the rebel spire in MD if i only get one structure :D

Bells
Lieutenant
United States of America

Post by Bells » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:52 pm

ill sign up snow can i do that ? hahah no seriously ill sign up a building ill do the cantina in beast! Snow should do the mall !

TheTinyPebble
Commodore
Denmark

Post by TheTinyPebble » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:20 am

The results from the galactic home show! Some screenshots of the houses will be in the next post. Some very nice houses, I had fun looking around and seeing them all. I encourage everyone to go take a look at the houses!

Badges and rewards will have to come at a later date, we are having some issues with extra badges currently, and the items require a patch. This post will be updated once we get it.

In ranking order, lowest to highest:

BEAST City Mall: BEAST Imperial Stronghold (456 2828, Dromund Kass)
- Creativity: 8/15
- Theme: 6/15
- Overall Feel: 7/15
- Total: 21/45
- Judge 1: I really enjoyed this house. Was wacky and fun. Gave me horror movie chills! * thumbs-up! *
- Judge 2: Funny, Chaotic theme, but not enough items and decorations. Started off very strong with the flaming Krayt hides. Some animals were in funny/questionable positions...
- Judge 3: FEEL: Post earthquake? I wanted to buy my stuff and get out of there before the entire place came down or the cat noticed I was better tasting than the equipment! CREATIVE: ice use of being able to strew objects any which way. THEME: An interesting take on a usually boring mall. This one is far from boring!

BEAST Kashyyyk Tree House: BEAST Imperial Stronghold (244 2835, Dromund Kass)
- Creativity: 5/15
- Theme: 8/15
- Overall Feel: 8/15
- Total: 21/45
- Judge 1: Loved the little storage area. * hi-5 *
- Judge 2: Resources stacked in the back and fish on the wall gave a nice "Outdoorsy" feel to the house. The theme wasn't very apparent and a lack of items made the house feel empty.
- Judge 3: FEEL: I like tree houses, they are very quaint. CREATIVE: Arrangement of things neat and clean. Car there for a quick getaway in case you get caught for somethin' Im not sure what. Tents I always like inside. However did you preserve the fish so they didn't smell up the entire house! THEME: Modified Modern Ranger who prefers atomic fuel engines to 4 legged rides.

Rebel Spire: MD of Twin Lakes (-5027 2923, Naboo)
- Creativity: 10/15
- Theme: 8/15
- Overall Feel: 11/15
- Total: 29/45
- Judge 1: It's pretty hard to deco those towers. I'm impressed!
- Judge 2: Great decorating and a very "homey" feel. There isn't really a theme outside of "nicely decorated" and the Spire itself is a very small structure, which makes it a little easier to decorate than others. (If it was something larger I'd of given it a 5/5 for feel)
- Judge 3: FEEL: I felt welcomed when I arrived up top. I loved the symmetry of decorations and liked the placement of furniture. The use of space was well planned. CREATIVE: Not over-decorated. Nice lived-in look. THEME: It appeared residential or a private club at Life-Dasy time. Nice.

BEAST Cantina: BEAST Imperial Stronghold (348 2523, Dromund Kass)
- Creativity: 11/15
- Theme: 10/15
- Overall Feel: 9/15
- Total: 30/45
- Judge 1: I loved, the candle work and those sun statues. Great idea, using the trees like that!
- Judge 2: Fantastic and original theme, fits the city name. Named items were a plus, also funny. The cursive on the wall in candles was very impressive. The entire scene felt "alive." If possible, a few more decorations would've made the feel 5/5.
- Judge 3:
FEEL: I liked the animals but was a bit worried of the odor that might take my appetite. The place looked a bit empty to me. CREATIVE: I LOVED the cursive on the wall. Technically genius! The animal up on the bar was happy to be eating a meal rather than me! The magical Tybis was very clever indeed! THEME: Yes, Beasts! A living zoo! Several species exhibited and I was happy most were tame.

----------#1 WINNER #1----------
Zapp's Lab: Veruna Beach (-5579 6867, Naboo)
- Creativity: 11/15
- Theme: 11/15
- Overall Feel: 11/15
- Toal: 33/45
- Judge 1: I loved the basement! The guys on the wall was super creative!
- Judge 2: The "Mod Doctor" theme, with the vendors (Clones/Patients) as decorations and their inclusion as props in the house was executed nicely. But the overall emptiness of the house left room for improvement. Some of the named items was a nice touch.
- Judge 3: FEEL: As a sadistic cannibal I felt right at home! I hope you got consent for all that experimentation! CREATIVE: Amazing imagination went into the entire production of the gruesome reality of food shortage! The very silent toxicologist freightened me. THEME: I knew I was welcome as soon as I felt onlookers drooling. If monsters were being manufactufed, more power to have animated armies so our young men can stay at home! I would not like to run into the creator of this interior at night. Excellent balance of feel and creativity of design.

Closing comment from Judge 3: Overall I was very happy to be a judge and escape into all of your realities as warped as some were! It was like sneaking into someone's house and not robbing it, just enjoying the stay! Thanks again for the adventure! Judge from a Universe far far away.

TheTinyPebble
Commodore
Denmark

Post by TheTinyPebble » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:25 am

BEAST City Mall: BEAST Imperial Stronghold (456 2828, Dromund Kass)

BEAST Kashyyyk Tree House: BEAST Imperial Stronghold (244 2835, Dromund Kass)

Rebel Spire: MD of Twin Lakes (-5027 2923, Naboo)

BEAST Cantina: BEAST Imperial Stronghold (348 2523, Dromund Kass)

Zapp's Lab: Veruna Beach (-5579 6867, Naboo)