Register an Account Image - Join our Discord Server Image

Have any questions? Need help with something? Contact us on Discord or check out our Help Forums.

Announcement: We have updated our multiple accounts policy. Please read here and submit the required information if your household plays on more than one account.

Donations are always welcome and help us with the upkeep of the server. Click click here to donate.

we have now added donorbox for those of you who cant use PayPal too. Thank you!

Help us stay #1 and vote for us Here and Come Join Us on Twitter

Kaspersky Scanned and found SWG SR Launcher, Labeled it Untrusted and Deleted it. (Also how to fix it.)

mafs
Dev Project Admin
Egypt

Kaspersky Scanned and found SWG SR Launcher, Labeled it Untrusted and Deleted it. (Also how to fix it.)

Post by mafs » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:36 pm

From Mantis 0001880, submitted by FireSnakeUSAF

This morning, My Antivirus, Kaspersky did a antivirus scan and found my SWG SR Launcher and deleted it. Labeled it Risky software and removed it from my startmenu, my desktop icon and everything.

I worked out how to resolve the issue and added screenshots of the process. Hope it helps!

NOTE: Before you reinstall the launcher, Follow the directions on the screenshots and make the Application SWGSR Lauchpad a trusted application. Then you are good to reinstall the launchpad.

On mine, the entire game was still present. I didnt lose any settings or macros. Just the launchpad went away.

It looks like the application is just unknown to Kaspersky. That its not that used world wide yet and because of that they have no safety profile built for it yet. Thats all.
a1.png
a2.png
a3.png
a4.png
a5.png
a6.png
a7.png
a8.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.