You can also try our Game Troubleshooting FAQ (Coming soon) and some of the Optimization Tweaks available.
An SSD is highly recommend for SWG.
When in doubt, run the launcher in Administrator mode!
Video Guide: https://youtu.be/wLuBEki5fX0
Video is currently out of date for version 1.0.0
How to: INSTALL
- Visit: https://github.com/DesporoWace/SR-Launcher/releases
- Read the directions and current bug list.
- Download: sr-launcher-setup-1.0.0.exe
- Run the executable when the download has completed.
- If you encounter Smartscreen aka "Windows protected your PC," select "More Info."
- Then "Run anyway"
- Hit "Yes" on the UAC prompt.
How to: SMARTSCREEN
How to: SETUP
- Launcher will run when finished.
- Select "SETUP" in the bottom right.
- Agree to the server rules >> "Next"
- "Install Folder" >> Navigate to your old installation of SREmu >> "Select Folder" in pop up >> "Next"
- It is not recommended to install to Program Files or Program Files (x86).
- Returning players: Select "Delete Unused Files" to delete old patch and launcher files.
- Agree that you own a copy of SWG >> "Finish"
- Wait for patching to complete.
1.0.0 Known issues:
(No longer applicable)
SR Launcher 0.9.9 Beta Notes:
Included with the launcher is a set of new TREs file, these are the files that hold all the game's assets. I've streamlined them and dropped the file size and file count significantly, so expect better performance. There are no major player facing changes in this patch. That will come with Publish 8.
Notice: If your old installation directory was C:/SREmu, you will not see a SETUP message. Instead, the launcher will automatically download the new files. If you wish to run the Clean Up utility, follow the instructions in this post.
If you do not know where your old installation of SREmu is, please follow the "LOCATE PREVIOUS INSTALL" steps below to find your game directory.
Installing / Patching to AppData is not recommended. If your SREmu installation is located there, I highly suggest moving it to the root of your hard drive: ex: (C:/SREmu) or anywhere that does not require Administrator access.
If all went well, you should have a 1.19GB download. Verifying the files from your previous installation may take awhile depending on your computers processing power.
How to: LOCATE PREVIOUS INSTALL - Optional
- Run the old Launcher
- Right click on Icon in taskbar.
- Right click "SREmu" in popup menu.
- Left click "Properties."
- In "SREmu Properties" window, select "Open File Location"
- Move up a directory in File Explorer
- Copy your SR installation folder and paste it to the same directory or somewhere else for safe keeping.
Please post bugs in this thread.
0.9.9 Known issues:
- Can change Login Server while patching.
- FPS Mod doesn't always work.
- Can verify when a setup is required.
- PayPal link is expired.
- Clicking a link in the patch notes will open in the Notes webview instead of a new window.
- You can only manage one installation of SREmu via the Launcher. Work around: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1214#p2954