Register an Account Image - Join our Discord Server Image

Have any questions? Need help with something? Contact us on Discord or check out our Help Forums.

Announcement: We have updated our multiple accounts policy. Please read here and submit the required information if your household plays on more than one account.

Donations are always welcome and help us with the upkeep of the server. Click click here to donate.

we have now added donorbox for those of you who cant use PayPal too. Thank you!

Help us stay #1 and vote for us Here and Come Join Us on Twitter

Launcher install and game start up questions

maestro747
Midshipman
United States of America

Launcher install and game start up questions

Post by maestro747 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:31 pm

Hello! I am having a lot of difficulty with installing the launcher and being able to get into the game. The launcher setup seems to install everything, but when I go into Windows Explorer to verify that the files and folders for the launcher exist, they are not there.

I tried installing the launcher in the same directory as the game as well as in the C:\ directory to no luck. I have included a screenshot of my C:\ drive that shows one that includes the SREmu folder if I click the Change button under Game config. When I go to the C drive on my own, the folder does not exist.

The play button unlocks after the installation and updates complete, the game client loads up with the Sentinels load and login screens, but nothing else works after that. I am able to type in the user name box, but backspace, tab, or enter do nothing. I cannot click on the password box or click the login button to proceed.

Is there something I am doing wrong? I am running Windows 7 (64 bit) OS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tyclo
Admiral
United States of America

Re: Launcher install and game start up questions

Post by Tyclo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:01 am

Hi maestro747,
The Launcher should always be installed at its default directory and the game is recommended to be installed at the root of your hard drive, be it your primary disk drive or a secondary drive.

If you can make it to the game screen, everything seems to have installed okay. Looking at your installation, one thing I did notice is that you are looking for a SREmu directory, but you have the game set to be installed at C:/SWG. (Which seems to be where you game is at)

Have you set the correct resolution in "SWG Options" on the launcher? Go to the Graphics tab and make sure it matches your monitors resolution.

Do you have a gamepad plugged into your computer? Be it a wired Xbox Controller, Bluetooth dongle, Racing Wheel, Joystick or anything of the like? Unplug them and try signing in. You may be able to go SWG Options on the launcher >> Game tab >> then uncheck "Enabled Joystick" if it's enabled.

If you are using an existing installation of SWG, perhaps from another server, go to C:/SWG and delete or rename your profiles directory, it could be clashing with your new installation.

There's also this troubleshooting guide: https://www.swgemu.com/forums/content.p ... ing-SWGEmu

I started writing up some info for the Launcher, but it sounds like that's all working fine. Try the above and let me know.

Join our Discord for quicker support, I only check the forums once or twice a day, but I'm always on Discord.

maestro747
Midshipman
United States of America

Re: Launcher install and game start up questions

Post by maestro747 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:51 pm

I finally figured out what the issue was. Comodo Internet Security was sandboxing the installation of the launcher into a hidden virtual drive. I found Sentinels along with other private server installations in a hidden and unassessable folder. I disabled Containment and tried the install again, and so far everything appears to be working correctly.

Just in case anyone else might happen to experience the same problem. Check your anitivirus and firewall settings....Comodo sandboxed the installation without ecen asking me if it was something I wanted to do.